Homemade Coffee Soda


This summer has been a great opportunity to experiment in the kitchen with various recipes that I have hoarded for a while now but never had time to try. This coffee soda recipe is one of those that has been on the to make list for sometime. I am not sure why I waited. It is easy, fast and so delicious.
Unlike the store bought counterparts, this doesn’t have any mystery ingredients. Its made with three simple ingredients: water, sugar and instant expresso.

Coffee Soda
4 c. Water
½ c. Instant Expresso
1lb. Sugar
Light Cream
Ice
Soda Water
In a very large saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the instant expresso and stir until dissolved (when the expresso is added it will double in size). Add sugar all at once, stir to dissolve. Bring to a roiling boil for 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool.
For an 8 oz serving put about two tablespoons of syrup in the glass add about the same amount of light cream and stir to mix. Add ice and top with soda water and mix again.
Note: Skim milk can be used in place of the cream, but the drink is really much better with a member of the cream family.

You may also like:
Claudia Fabiana said...

Sounds delish. I am adding this to my recipes...thanks and

ciao

Sam P. said...

I used to live next to the Manhattan Coffee Soda factory, which actually was in Brooklyn. And I strove mightily to cultivate a taste for the stuff (which can be had at JoJo's in Taghkanic), but found it foul despite my intentions... Will try your homemade recipe, though I'm dubious that coffee is meant to be a soda at all.

The Devine Life said...

Well Sam my friends and I really like it. Hope you do too.

Unknown said...

Lick smacking good! I love my coffee and I sure love my "soda water"....so this looks like the best of both!!!

Unknown said...

Just what we need for the lazy days of summer!

Thanks Michael!

The Devine Life said...

It is great for the lazy days of summer. Just made some more. Again.

designchic said...

The perfect Summer recipe...sounds wonderful!!

© The Devine Life . Design by MangoBlogs.