Garrow Kedigian's Proustian Ambiance

The timeless living of Garrow Kedigian

If Marcel Proust walked into designer Garrow Kedigian's New York apartment today he would feel right at home. The elegant layered interior reflects the clear link between Garrow and his french roots (he's a member of the noted Petrossian family). The comfortable home has a history of men with great style living in it. Actor Fred Astaire was a prior owner of the spacious Park Avenue nest and frequently hosted glamorous parties for his friends there. Today, that entertaining tradition lives on, the first party Garrow hosted was a black tie move in party the night he bought the apartment and coincidentally he just turned 40 as well. His expertise in the art of party giving was apparent the minute I started talking to him about doing this piece.
Designer Garrow Kedigian
Tip: Don't over think the details. He advises following your inspiration and keeping it simple.

What influences your menu choices when you entertain? 
I like to serve fingers foods that are easy to eat standing up. I often give cocktail parties and the hors d'oeuvres are always passed. 
A subtle reminder of the apartments past owner.

Tip: Throwing a great party begins with finding a good caterer and having a good relationship with them. It's also very important to be clear about your expectations. I have a great caterer that I use for everything, Soleil. They are really wonderful. 
The hors d'oeuvres are always simple and presented on trays to guests by waiters. This array of trays are waiting for the guests to arrive. The black and white fabric is from Garrow's fabric collection.
Who or what has most inspired your entertaining style?
My family is in the food business so that has influenced me, but my grandmother has inspired my style. She hosted a wedding for my first cousin Diane Perrier at her country villa. It really opened my eyes to lavish entertaining with style. Everything was perfect. 

Beautiful gold rimmed etched glasses.
Tip: Always serve clear beverages i.e. white wine, champagne or seltzer because they don't stain the upholstery. 


Beautiful flowers are a must. The flowers for this party were done by designer Kurt Miller,
who is a frequent lucky house guest. 

These beautiful malachite boxes are made to order by Designer Kurt Miller.


Do you have a favorite china or tabletop item that you collect?
I have been an avid collector since I was a child. Going to the Paris flea markets is one of my favorite things to do. Since my interiors are very layered I am always on the lookout for great pieces. I love Wedgwood Jasperware and vintage Greek pattern glasses. 







You may also like:
© The Devine Life . Design by MangoBlogs.