Dinner in the Bagatelle

This week I am featuring the last hurrah the dinner we recently hosted in our garden. A couple of days of ideal warm autumn weather was all it took to entice us to host the intimate dinner for four in the bagatelle. When setting a table I believe its important that, like good party guests around the table, everything on the table should speak to each other. For this table I wanted a rich autumnal organic feel to mimic the earthy nature of the season. The bleu canard of the velvet cloth set the stage for the rest of the table decor, which the blue silver tones of the Blue Hubbard squash complimented. I added an additional layer of silver grey green with the dried verbena branches from the garden. A mix of colors and patterns from my dinnerware collection added a vibrant note to the colors and the vintage glasses with an optical pattern, looks like they were made to go with my Thomas dinnerware. 
Next Thrusday, I will be featuring the entertaining secrets of the fantastic Birmingham, Alabama based designer Ware M Porter

The bagatelle in the back of the garden has been the setting for some fun dinners. At night its lite by candle light which helps to make every dinner seem like an occasion. 

The walls are still tented in my Thomas pearl fabric from a shoot we did for the book. The chandelier was found on line and came in a kit. Happily the other half of "us" had the patience to put it together, especially since it was shipped missing a number of crystals. That was a fun project indeed.

This is one of a pair of antique pine cone metal candlesticks that I found at a house auction.

My bountiful crop of heirloom carrots this year has yielded a number of tasty treats, but the carrot apple soup with paprika toasted almonds is the best one so far. Check back Monday for the recipe. 

You may also like:
© The Devine Life . Design by MangoBlogs.