The New Chair


A New Year and a new decorating project! We have needed another chair for the living room in the country and we found this one recently that fits beautifully. The chair is really comfortable and has great lines. Now the hard part: choosing the fabric! 
I am trying to be careful, because as most people have experienced one small change can quickly turn into redoing the entire room if not the entire house. Clearly something I’d rather avoid with everything else that is happening this year (like the book). 


The lines are great.


The color is easy it will either be wedgwood blue or string, but the pattern choice is more difficult. I am very partial to Victoria in wedgwood, but maybe I should do it on the cream ground? 



Venice is bold and Pinwheel is fun and subtle, particularly in string. 




The repetition of Petite Fleur could be great as well.



Then again, I just struck off this new version of Combray in two colors. This is one of the new designs I will be showing in Paris at Deco Off for the first time in two weeks. I am really liking the two color combination of wedgwood and lichen together. 
Hmm which way to go? That is the question.  












You may also like:
Suzanne said...

I like pinwheel. Such a happy print for the country. I also like it in string... you have a lot of blue already in the drapes, but your rug is a sand shade, correct? Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in!!

The new 2 color fabric is very nice.

The Devine Life said...

Suzanne your right, there is a lot of blue in the curtains. and the carpet is sisal. So pinwheel maybe the way to go, perhaps with a great cord.

Daryl Wark said...

Hi Michael,
Just found your blog and love it.
I like the Victoria fabric in wedgewood, classic, elegant and fresh. It would look wonderful on that chair I just love how the pattern repeat will work on the arms and back. I think the Victoria is a little more individual and the scale look great on that chair.
Good luck, would love to see what you finally decide on.
Thanks agin for your great blog.
Best wishes,

Daryl Wark,
(Brisbane Australia)

The Devine Life said...

Glad you like the blog, I hope you come back often. I agree Victoria is really fresh.

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Well if you can't decide, I have just the solution...send the chair to me since you know what I'd choose! :) Can't wait to make the time to get my fabric in production and off the bolt!

Now about the book...?

The Devine Life said...

Better yet why don't you come for a visit to the beautiful Hudson Valley? The book is coming along. We were suppose to shot last week, but no snow. Since it was a winter shoot it was rather an important detail.

The enchanted home said...

Hi loving these fabrics...whose are they? The pale blues/grays are on my radar right now for a few projects..thanks!

© The Devine Life . Design by MangoBlogs.