Chicago Part 2

My time in Chicago was really amazing. In addition to visiting Holland & Sherry and meeting some of Chicago's best designers, I had the pleasure of seeing my friend Alessandra Branca. She invited me for drinks at her magical townhouse. It was bliss. While I was there she mentioned her store that I hadn’t seen yet and the sale she was going to have. I was already planning on visiting Branca it, but the word sale sealed it. The store is beyond stylish and has something for every budget. I highly recommend making a beeline to it the next time anyone is in town.
The store front of Branca.

The next day I went to visit my family for the weekend in Peoria. It had been a two years since the last visit, so I was long overdue. Happily, we decided in the future it made more sense to start meeting in Chicago and spend time there instead of schlepping down state, which is vastly different from northern Illinois where we grew up.
The biggest treat waiting for me was my little two year old nephew Robert Michael. He is just too cute for words. I have now become a doting uncle through and through!

That smile!

Too adorable.
You may also like:
Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I love the toddler age:)
Kristen

Alicia said...

He is such a sweetie!!! I can hear him giggling through the screen.

style chronicle said...

Michael, I ove your blog and I love your fabric even more. Your work is truly inspiring. View my blog at http://eternallychic.blogspot.com/.

pve design said...

My family lives down South and whenever we finally have the time with one another, we leave saying we have to do this more often, so I know exactly how you feel. Life does get in the way of living!
pve

Anonymous said...

Your nephew is adorable and his t-shirt says it ALL!

Tricia - Avolli

The Devine Life said...

Thanks he really is a darling! All he does is giggle.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael Devine,
Your nephew is precious!! Happy Unclehood - I just love Aunthood. Hope your summer is lovely and miss you tons...ps..your garden rocks.

x x your friend "what are they wearing on the 6th floor"

Anonymous said...

I was in Peoria last year attending my brother's wedding and I know exactly what you are talking about. Next time definitely meet in Chicago. Also, why are most of the houses in Peoria ranches?

The Devine Life said...

I don't know why there are so many ranches, maybe they match the flat landscape?

Thomas said...

what a great photo. Very sweet.

Erica Cook said...

Adorable indeed! I am so enjoying spending my saturday morning reading through your blog... It's fantastic. I'll stop with the comments now, or you're going to think I'm a crazy. best Erica

© The Devine Life . Design by MangoBlogs.