Christmas Truffles

Chocolate Truffles are one of my favorite holiday sweets. I have been on the lookout for a recipe that is fast and easy. So this year I decided to give the one from Chateau Cuisine by Anne Willan a try.

It was really fun. Fast, easy and a few ingredients. The actual truffle forming was so much fun that I wished my three year old nephew could have been helping me. Well, then I remembered what it was like when he was two and met his first cream sauce. That Hallmark Hall of Fame moment was quickly checked by reality.

The finished product is just what I wanted. A delectable rich dark chocolate truffle, the perfect chocolate moment.



Truffes de Noel au Chocolat


1/2 Lb Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped

1/4 Cup water

1 Cup unsalted butter cut in to pieces

1/4 cup sugar

6 Egg yolks

1 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder


Warm the chocolate in the water in a heavy pan over very low heat without stirring. When the chocolate softens, add the butter and sugar all at once. Stir gently with a wooden spoon until the chocolate and the butter melt completely.

Remove from heat and let mixture cool 2 or 3 minutes. Add the eggs yolks, one by one, stirring vigorously. The heat from mixture will cook and thicken the egg yolks. Beat until very smooth and glossy. Spread the mixture in a shallow baking dish. Put in the freezer uncovered to chill the mixture until firm, about 1-2 hours.

Sift the cocoa powder onto a tray. Dust your hands with the cocoa to discourage sticking. Scoop out the chocolate mixture with a teaspoon and shape into 1” balls by rolling in your hands. Roll them in the tray of cocoa powder until well coated. Transfer them to a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Put them in the freezer until firm about 1/2 hour.

Store the truffles in an air tight container between sheets of waxed paper. Let them come to room temperature before serving.


You may also like:
Karena said...

Oh my goodness Michael these are Devine!! I adore truffles!

The Devine Life said...

hope you have time to make them. They are so good.

Acanthus and Acorn said...

I have wanted to make homemade truffles every year and never do. Thanks for the delectable picture and receipe to get me back in the kitchen!

Happy Holidays to you!!!
~Rebecca

catherine shields said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Michael. I am going to make these today with my 7 year old daughter and they will be consumed poolside in Sydney on Christmas Day! Catherine

led lights said...

nice posting keep blogging,

Lord Cowell said...

Thank you for the recipe.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

D&P.

andrew1860 said...

This looks so tasty! I'm looking forward trying!

Cabin 19 Supply Company said...

These look marvelous! Think we will try them for our New Year's Eve gathering.

Kitchen Benchtops said...

Wow these look so good! I bet that gives them a real kick – delicious! they are so simple to make but make such an impact. Love it!

© The Devine Life . Design by MangoBlogs.