Charlotte Moss Decorates


What can one say about Charlotte Moss’ newest book, Charlotte Moss Decorates? To start with, the oeuvre is stunningly beautiful and filled with historical references that compliment the design concepts perfectly. More than that Moss offers a wealth of ideas that are easily implemented into even the most modest budget with her multiple Why Not… lists throughout the book. From cover to cover its a fantastic look into Moss’ methodology of designing beautiful livable rooms with no detail overlooked. It’s really one of the rare design books that leaves one wanting it never to end.

This is an example of one of the collage boards Charlotte uses to create her spaces. This one was for the Kips Bay Show House Bedroom she did in 2009.

One of my favorite detail shots from the book. The play of the reds and ivories is poetic.

Of course my favorite photo is of the room Charlotte did using my Beekman fabric in a my custom color. It was not only a terrific honor to have her use my fabric, but a lot of fun to work with her to achieve “her” color.

Opening night at Kips Bay with Charlotte. It was one of the best nights I ever had. Seeing my fabric in the finished room was really amazing!
You may also like:
Karena said...

Michael I must read the book.

Love seeing the image of you with Charlotte, the fabric and color are perfection!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Michael,
What a wonderful photo of the two of you...and to think the fabric I've been obsessing over was made for CM herself, an amazing collaberation! I knew it was special the moment my samples came.
~R

designchic said...

Another book to add to my ever growing collection. Your fabric is spectacular...love the color!!

Manolo C said...

muy bonito
felicidades

Unknown said...

Michael,

Even with all the great technology I still look forward to new books coming out to add inspiration to my design projects. Photo #3 reds and ivory is my living room drapery print. I love it too.

Bette

shiree segerstrom said...

What a lovely post Michael. Love your fabric Beekman. That lavender is gorgeous. Shiree'

The Devine Life said...

Thank you, glad you like Beekman. It really is beautiful.

The enchanted home said...

Great picture of the two of you....she is such a gem of a designer, I am a big fan of her work..that one room of the soft reds and ivories was one of my favorites as well. Great book......fitting for a person with an amazing eye.

© The Devine Life . Design by MangoBlogs.